Bohemian king and Holy Roman emperor Charles IV started the construction of this famous historical bridge in 1357 and finished in the beginning of the 15th century. The bridge crosses the Vltava river and connects the Old Town (Staré Město) and the Lesser Quarter (Malá Strana). It rests on 16 arches and is 516 meters long and 10 meters wide. In the 17th century, the bridge was decorated with 30 baroque statues.
Due to various catastrophes over the centuries, most of these statues were replaced by replicas.
|Charles bridge |
Karlův most, Prague 1
Entrance fee: free